Dock Levellers and Servicing
At Jones Automation Control, we take pride in our dock levelling sales and service. We provide comprehensive support and maintenance on dock levellers…even ones we don’t sell! Whether you have a dock leveller, Hydraulic Dock Levellers or Edge of Dock Levellers, we can provide the level of service and attention to detail you need!
Our maintenance plan includes the following (and more)!
- Check all safety devices on the unit.
- Clean the upper portion of the plate, lower rollers and between the sides and curb angles.
- Clean all debris from the pit or from the vicinity of floor mounted units in order to avoid interference with the rolling mechanism.
- Inspect the push-in bar and push-out plate assemblies for damage.
- Inspect the safety leg system and return spring operation.
- Check for presence and proper setting of all snap rings and clips on axles and rollers.
- Check rollers, pins and bushings for any signs of wear such as flat spots, missing fasteners or dislodged bearing material.
- Check the springs for elongation.
Inspect all welds under the leveller for fatigue or failure, particularly the top plate understructure.
- Check general condition of the dock leveller.
- Operate dock leveller after service, check for any abnormal noise or vibrations.